Update

Good morning, I feel like I have a lot to say today, which means I'm most likely just going to read along for a while and then maybe make a point or not. I think what it is, is that I'm lacking adult conversation.

As you may or may not know, our beloved Dada bear has rejoin the military, in a different trade but still Army. He's been away on training since mid September, so over a month now. Which means I've been with the kids at home alone for just over a month now. I'd say I'm handling most days well, or I try to at least. And I know some have it harder than I do. Which is not really much comfort, but it keeps perspective well. We also just found out where we are potentially going, as in which base we're getting posted to. And I'm having a hard time accepting it. Not because it's far away or it would be difficult, but because it's not where I wanted to go.

And don't get me wrong, I know that's a part of the lifestyle. But we've been out of the lifestyle for 5 years now. So I've kind of forgotten how to cope with it all. Although, I was ready for an adventure. A big one. I was ready to pack up house, three kids and the dog and move across the country. Start fresh, start new and hopefully ReDiscover myself in the process. But... We are actually moving to the closest Base to home, just an hour away. Again, please don't misunderstand, I know that it's a blessing to be close to home. Close to family, is not really a common thing when you're in the military. And now we've been blessed to be able to be at that base twice now. And I am grateful for that. I'm grateful that our children will be close to their grandparents, aunts and uncles and cousins. I'm thankful that Mom will still be a phone call away.

I'm just a little sad that I don't get to go on my adventure. That I don't get to reinvent myself, to meet new people and to have a fresh start somewhere new. But why would I want all that? Because if you've been and our life lately, you would know how stale things have been. How past events keep creeping up and affecting people's view on us. To the point where relationships are broken and lost over misunderstandings that happened 5 years ago. Although it's only made our marriage stronger, it would be nice to just hit the refresh button.

Amongst other things, changing provinces would really help our homeschooling Adventure as well. Quebec is one of the hardest provinces in Canada to homeschool in, especially since new laws are trying to come and be established within the next year making things even harder. And, for me to get my driver's license now, because I still don't have it. Quebec is one of the most expensive provinces to get it in because of the driver's ed that is mandatory. All of those little factors contribute to why I was ready for an adventure. But to have that Adventure denied or at least put on hold is a little bit demoralizing.

And the one thing I have to keep in mind is, God has a plan for us. A plan that will not harm us but that will prosper us. And his plan is on his time, not my time because he is the creator of time. And if that means I don't get what I want now, it's to make place for something better. Because he is the painter of the bigger picture, and all I can see of it is a little corner.

Comments

Popular Posts