No Rush...

I don't want to rush moments like this. I really don't. Not that I particularly enjoy watching Lah-lah or the Wiggles until he falls asleep, but it's his favorite pre-nap ritual. Not that I particularly enjoy my arm falling asleep under his heavy little head or his sweaty little body up against mine as he dozes off for a little while. But, with a new baby entering this family next week, I really don't want him to feel left aside or his favorite time of day, other than snack time, be compromised because I am too busy caring for the newborn. He's still little. He still needs me. How can I justify spending so much time with one and not the other? What about the big big boy? He's a good helper and loves little jobs and feels important when needed but I don't want to ask too much of him either. I suppose what I really want to know is, where do I find the balance? How is one little itty bitty baby girl capable of turning this whole dynamic upside down, yet fit in it seamlessly?  I suppose we will find that out next week. In a few short or terribly long days.

I think saying goodbye to my belly will be hard. Feeling those little kicks anf movements and hickups. Ill miss that. But the swelling and heartburn and frequency of potty breaks, I'll get over fast enough!

My life is changing. And I have come to the realization that there's not much I can do about it at this point. It's like playing hide and seek as kids... Ready or Not. Here it comes. Here it comes!

Comments

Popular Posts