Top Ten

Today I am to write ten interesting things about myself. Now bear with me, since something I might find interesting about myself, you might not. So here is my top ten.

1. I believe in Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior. He died on the cross so that I could live.

2. I am not perfect. I am not the perfect Christian. I am not the perfect wife. I am not the perfect mother. I am not a perfect person. And I am ok with that. I will always try my best to be as close to perfect as I can but I will always fall short. It'snot my intention to apear perfect or to have it all figured out, because I don't.

3. I enjoy coloring. I love sharpening my pencils to a perfect point and then smoothly coloring in. It is so stress reliving and I can totally turn my brain off. Especially since I have found inspirational quotes and verses to color. I have been taping them inside my Bible with my journaling.

4. Over the summer, I have changed.  À lot. I don't feel like the same person inside anymore. I feel differently about a lot  things. This whole injury has given me the time to just sit and think and rediscover who I am as a person. Not just me, the Wife or the Mother or the Friend or the Adult. I am who I have become because of the challenges I have overcome. And I am no longer afraid to show my true colors.

5. I hate brushing my hair. I always have and always will. My hair is long. It tangles so easily. I will go days without brushing it out. I will wash it and put it up right away or put it up as soon as I get out of bed. I despise brushing it out.

6. I enjoy reading. Fiction or Non-Fiction. Religious or suspenseful, hard cover or paper back. Even online reading. We have bookcases lining a wall in our Living room as well as boxes of books yet to be unpacked ! I really want this trait to be predominant in the boys as they grow up.

7. I have nice handwriting and enjoy using cursive. I think this is why I am drawn to scrapbooking and Bible Journaling. I like making things pretty.

8. I dropped out of college. And I don't regret my decision. I chose love over education. Some will say that I could have had both but in the situation we were in, there had to be a choice. And I chose love. Even when so many peoples disagreed and were dissapointed in me. I put myself first and did what was right for me.

9. I grind my teeth as I sleep. So bad that I have a broken one. I usually wear a mouthguard to sleep.

10. I totally wrote this out at 3am and am coming back now (a day later) to edit it because some of it makes no sense what so ever! 

So there you  have it! My top ten. I am going to bed now.

Good night!

Comments

Popular Posts