My love.

Today I am writing about my first love and my first kiss. This one is not hard for me at all. I married him almost 7 years ago. He wasn't bearded then. He was my first boyfriend. My first hand-holding. My first relationship. My first kiss. My first everything. My one and only. 

I remember our first kiss. I remember it vividly. It happened in our driveway. I was leaving for the week, going to the city for college. We would have very limited communication during the week. This wasn't the first week, I think we were close to 2 months into our relationship. We, my mom and I, were dropping him off at home and then continuing on to Gatineau. I got out of the black truck to say goodbye. And we kissed. I don't remember the rest of the drive. I just remember feeling his touch and his lips on mine for the longest time. That was my first kiss. 

My first love is Dustin. He is my best friend, he is my lover. He is the father of my children. He is my only love. The beginning of our relationship was a whirlwind. We dated long-distance from the get-go. We got engaged shortly after we celebrated our first year together. We were married a few months later. That will be 7 years ago in December. Together we have been on so many adventures. Highs and Lows. But we have come out of them so much stronger,  The obstacles we have gone through and are still going through are bringing us together. We rely on each other, We are a team. We are ONE, just like God intends us to be. Together, with Him, we are a cord of three strands, we are not easily broken. (Eccl. 4:12) 









 And may the Lord cause you to increase and excel and overflow in love for one another.
1 Thessalonians 3:12a AMP

Comments

Popular Posts