Power.

At last, we have internet at home. It has been almost 6 years since we had an internet bill in our name! We simply couldn't afford it. But since we were both going over on our phone data, over charges enough to compensate for an internet bill, it was time. That, and, to make it doable within the budget, that dear husband of mine has vowed to stop smoking. I know he can do it. I also know he has tried before many times and didn't quite succeed, but this time will be different. Not that I did not support him in previous attempts, but this time, I will be praying that much harder for him. I truly believe that, that will make the difference. 

I understand that not everyone believes in the power of prayer and I can respect that. Some people rather call it "positive thoughts" or "good vibes" or even "karma" while others dismiss the idea completely.  My point is that I believe that if I ask God for help for my husband, He will grant it. Not just help, but, encouragement, perseverance, will power and strength, it will make a difference. How it works, I don't know. But does it work ? I do believe so. I have seen it. The power of prayer is indeed very powerful. I have seen it little and I have seen it big. I also have experienced it first hand in the least expected of ways. 


The biggest way, well maybe not "biggest" but more like most consistent way I have seen it is that we have never gone without enough. Enough everything and anything that we have needed. (I'm big on Needs VS. Wants) We have always had shelter (housing, rent money, etc.) Food (pretty self explanatory) Clothing (whether new or used, ours or the boys) even diapers, dog food, vehicles and gas for them. All we ever prayed was that we would have what we need. And not once have we been "stuck" without. Sometimes the provision comes in the most random way possible, Sometimes it comes in the last possible second. Sometimes it seems too good to be true. But it always comes. 


But what about those wants ??? Again, I believe in the power of prayer for my "wants"also. The Bible says : "Delight yourself in the LORD, and he will give you the desires of your heart." Psalm 37:4 ESV 

And He has. Keep in mind, God is not Santa Clause. To truly desire something in your heart is more than a simple "I want that" It's almost a longing. You don't feel complete until you have it. Like parenthood to a infertile couple. 

Anyways, back to my original topic. I will be praying for my husband. And if you are inclined to do so as well, it would be greatly appreciated.  


I suppose you can also expect more posts from me now too, since I won't be using my phone's data any more. Yay! for technology !



Comments

Popular Posts