Granted

I am sitting on the couch. I do that every day. I am folding laundry that someone else had to put into the washer and dryer for me. The least I can do is fold it. I am feeling kinda grey today. I am feeling like my self-worth has gone down again.

But then I take a minute and look outside. There is a big window showing me our backyard. I see a wildflowers that have taken over, flowing in the breeze. Beautiful purple and yellow tones moving like waves. Then, a big field of green and yellow leaves. Im not sure what is planted but it's nice. Then a majestic tree line that reaches to the bright blue sky with white fluffy clouds. 

I am so blessed. I can sit here and just enjoy what I see. It is so beautiful. No matter what my current situation is, I have more than enough to be grateful for. I have a loving and caring husband, awesome little boys, a house to live in, food to eat and a bed to sleep in. Sure, I  may not have all that I want but I have more than I need. Ok, I can't walk right now, but I still have my whole leg and will be able to walk on it again at some point. Sure, it is hindering me now, but in a few years this time will be just a distant memory of a hard time I have made through. It will make me a better, stronger and more compassionate person.

I will rest in this. God knows the plan of my life.

Comments

Popular Posts