the dog

Mr T-Bone has been a pain in the neck lately. He hasn't been listening to any of us. He's been taking off out of the yard, destroying garbage bags, not coming when he's called and just plain not listening to us. We have tried several different methods to teach him right and to punish him, but none seem to be working. We've been sending him down to bed and he goes and stays but I guess he doesn't see it like punishment anymore. But then we have moments where he sends himself to bed after he's done something wrong, with out us knowing he's done it. So if we see him hightail it to the stairs we know something has happened. So I don't know what to do with him. I've been trying this new thing where I lie him down on his side and he has to keep his head down too. So this puts him in a submissive position. It works to calm him down but I have to fight with him to get him in the position. Since then, he knows what I'm trying to do and fights even more. We do reward him when he has good behavior or does something good, but for the past couple of weeks, there has been more bad then good.

Comments

Popular Posts