Friday Night

Friday Nights, hubby and I now lead the Church's Youth Group, it's called The Connection. It's from 7:30 until 10:00 PM. So far we've had as many as 12 teens join us. Which is 3 times more than what they had last year. We are making progress ! So far we've talked about lying, dating and relationships, bullying, peer pressure and stress from school. I'm not too sure what we'll be talking about this Friday, I'll think of something :) We have plans to have a 30 Hour Famine, have a Missions Trip to Ottawa to help out with the food/homeless situation and we would like to go to the CJYC in Montreal this spring. It ought to be interesting. I really feel like this is my calling in life. I can really see myself doing this for the rest of my life. I'm even thinking about going back to school and taking Youth Ministry. The only downside to that is that the school offering it is out west and that doesn't seem to be in the cards for us. I know that if this is God's will for me to pursue, then He will open up the doors for me and show me the way. I'm just so full of joy and encouragement. Most of the Church is encouraging us and telling us how much of a difference we are making in the youth's lives. It is truly touching. So if ever you are looking for me or hubby on a Friday night, this is where we will be :)

Comments

Popular Posts