Day 17

Today is about something that has made a huge impact on my life recently. And a lot of things have been happening and piling on top of each other, competing for what can make the biggest impact, And I do have to say that it's been a close run. The diabetes and the PCOS are a big factor so has the moving back in with Dustin's parents and not having a job anymore has hit us too. But I do suppose I should give credit where it's due and let you all know that Diabetes has won the race. Because not only has it impacted my life but it has forced me to completely reconfigure it. Which has not been easy, especially considering all the other contenders in the race. But it's definitely has made the biggest impact in my life. I had to change how I eat, what I eat, when I eat, started to exercise a lot more and workout, and the results of that is that I have lost 20lbs in the past few months. Which is good. Not much of all of this is a negative impact. I much rather have diabetes now and deal with it and be able to change my lifestyle than have it later and have a harder time adapting to it. Because if I am careful and take care of myself, I could reduce the need of medication and of course get rid of it all together, which is the goal in the long run. Diabetes, well Type 2 like I have, does not need to be permanent. So here is a picture of a glucose meter. What I use to see my Blood Sugar Levels. The annoying thing that make me need to prick my finger multiple times a day.

Comments

Popular Posts