Lifestyle Change

Well, after spending about a week in the hospital and then having to go back in a few days later and then meeting with 2 more doctors, I have finally been diagnosed... I have Type 2 Diabetes and PCOS (Poly Cystic Ovarian Syndrome). Now that was a bit of a shock, considering that I'm only 20 years old. The diabetes is hereditary and due to a lack of nutritional care on my part. The PCOS, well at least it explains all the abnormalities my body has been going through. But now, I have to change my whole lifestyle. No more junk/fast food, limited eating out, a lot of calorie and carb counting, and pill taking, I'm really thankful I don't need insulin injections. The positive side to it all is that my doctor told me that I could get rid of it all, that the miracle cure would be to lose 70 lbs. And I've already shed 10. It just sucks that all of this happened while I'm in the process of packing the house. It really has drained my motivation and I just haven't gotten anything packed yet. DH is having a hard time coping with all the changes and is stressing out more that I am. It's been almost 3 weeks since I've been diagnosed and I've been doing a good job at controlling my Blood Sugar Levels. Hopefully everything will keep going smoothly.

Comments

Popular Posts